If you want to learn more about Marketing with Pinterest before deciding about getting help with your account, you might want to attend one of my in-person courses held in Central and Eastern NC. The course lasts about two hours and covers the basic of creating an account for your business, using pins and boards as marketing vehicles, and thinking about how your business can be represented on Pinterest in boards and images.
Classes will be tailored to respect the skills level of the audience, from beginner through skilled internet marketing adding a new social media service to a portfolio.
This is the basic course announcement:
Marketing with Pinterest
Learn how to use Pinterest, the newest (and most fun!) social media service, to drive traffic to your business website, establish credibility, convey expertise and a sense of who you are as a business person, and develop relationship with clients and partners. Pinterest marketing is most obviously useful for anyone who uses pictures of their work as a sales tool. But people in many other fields are learning that how they can use Pinterest to send traffic to their business, as well. Learn how accountants, heavy equipment vendors, and health care providers, among others, are using Pinterest.
Current class listings
Most of our classes are taught through the NCSU McKimmon Center, Technical Training Solutions unit. Please see the Facebook page Make Sense of Social for events listing, and the website Make Sense of Social for more information and the range of classes offered.
(We are working to make our classes available through an online system to people around the state. Stay tuned.)
The information below is simply serves as an example.
- Beginning Monday, August 19, for 14 weeks. Social Media Management Certificate Program, at the Pittsboro campus of the Central Carolina Community College. This is a course about how to manage social media for a business or organization; it presupposes you are comfortable on the major social platforms. Follow the link for more information about this course.
- Wednesday, August 28, 2013. Location TBD. Visual Marketing, Using Pinterest, Instagram, and other Image Sharing for Promotion. In this talk, which is a bit broader than what I usually cover, we’ll look at
- What types of images stimulate engagement
- How to create effective pictures
- Managing a Visual Campaign
- Measuring Image Marketing Success
- Using a Visual Marketing Consultant
I’ll have details on LI and FB as the time gets a little closer.
- Tuesday, September 17, 2013. Marketing with Pinterest. Central Carolina Community College Small Business Assistance office, Wicker Center, Sanford, NC. 6:00-9:00 pm.
- Wednesday, September 25, 2013. Marketing with Pinterest for REALTORS. Michigan Association of REALTORS 2013 Convention and Expo, Soaring Eagle Casino & Resort, MI.
- Thursday, September 26, 2013. Marketing with Pinterest. Wake Tech Community College, North Campus
- Thursday, October 10. NC Chapter of the Public Relations Society of America’s annual Marketing Seminar. Restricted to members of NCPRSA. Using Pinterest for your clients, and for your firm.
- Thursday, October 10. Marketing with Pinterest. Central Carolina Community College Small Business Assistance office, Wicker Center, Sanford, NC. 6:30-9:00 pm. Productivity for your Physical Desktop.
- Monday, October 20: Marketing with Pinterest and Facebook. Private class for a franchise sales business.
- Chatham County / Pittsboro: Stay tuned for date and location.
- Sept 6, Team Nimbus Center, Raleigh
- Sept 19, Sanford Chamber of Commerce
- October 9, Holly Springs, $25; via Raleigh Entrepreneurs Organization (the link goes to a MeetUp group)
- October 30, Durham, free, Women’s Business Center
- November 13, Professional Networking on the Web, Cardinal Club, Raleigh
- December 6, 8:30 am, Cary Chamber of Commerce, Wake Tech West (Kildaire Farm campus)
- January 22, 2013, Town of Cary
Marketing with Pinterest (ages 18 & up) NEW
Location: Page-Walker Arts & History CenterFees: $26(R) $34(N) (1 class)
Class #65915 Tue Jan 22 7-9 p.m. It’s in the Spring program brochure on page 128.Register at any of the Parks & Recs facilities or by phone at (919) 469-4061, using that Class number.
Anyone who is interested can register online using the course number (65915 ) or at any of the Town’s parks and recreation facilities.
- January 29, 2013, Center for Excellence (3803‐B Computer Dr. Ste. 106 Raleigh NC 27609, just off Six Forks South at the Beltline) with Martin Brossman, 6-9 pm. Register on EventBrite.
- Thursday, February 7, 2013, Triangle South Enterprise Center, Dunn, NC. 6-8 PM.
- March 21, 2013 (Thursday), 8:00 am. Knightdale Chamber of Commerce, 207 Main Street
Knightdale, NC 27545.
- March 28, 2013 (Thursday), 11:30 am, HART meeting (private), University Club, Raleigh
- Tuesday, May 21, 2013, Triangle South Enterprise Center, Dunn, NC. 6-8:30 PM. Marketing with Social Media Overview, with Martin Brossman
- Thursday, June 8, 2013. Private class for a trade association in the interiors space.
- Sunday, June 23, 2013. Private class for a retail group.