A question from one of my “Pinterest Done 4U” clients:
Well, this was sort of a surprise. My first unknown follower. It is the best etiquette to follow back?
I looked at the Pinterest account that followed hers (she has three accounts following her naturally. One is her personal account, and two are mine). This is what I saw:
- He is active (lots of pins, lots of boards), so maybe.
- All of his boards are “group” boards with multiple pinners. (Group boards have the little logo of three heads, next to the # of pins.)
- This could be a Pinterest spam account, although the boards look legitimate enough.
- You don’t have to follow him back today. You can wait. He won’t notice your pins in the flow of pins from 17,000 people he’s following.
- You can follow some, rather than all, of his boards. OTOH, none of his boards are in your industry.
All of that said, I might sit tight for a while and not worry about him. With the number of users he has (> 3000), he won’t notice whether you follow or not.